Wednesday, June 24, 2015

WonderVeg Spiralizer - Vegetable Spiral Slicer

To put this simply, This thing is amazing! I fell in love with it at first use! For starters I Must say this PLEASE make sure you clean and completely inspect the product before using. I did notice there was some lose metal slivers on the blades, now this is not anything negative towards this product as it was easily removed when we washed it but I would hate to see someone not clean this and it end up in their food. Now as for the product itself. I love it! It works amazingly. I decided to make a spaghetti dinner with a side salad and thought this would be a great opportunity at testing this out! Be careful, the blades are super sharp! I decided to use this to cut some carrots first, that is when I discovered the bigger the vegetable that you use the better results you are going to get, We tested all three blades that come with this on several different vegetables which included, carrots, cucumbers, radishes and onions, oh and just for the heck of it I even tried a head of lettuce, but that did not work lol.We had spirals, spaghetti shaped veggies and sliced, it was fun to see how they all did. The radishes sliced quite well, however with any vegetable you use there is going to be a portion or it left over so with radishes being on the smaller size it only sliced about half of the radish. The cucumber, onions and carrots all worked perfectly, This also pretty much cuts the cores out of all of the veggies you are slicing.
My son wants me to try slicing up some apples and making apple chips next. The machine is very easy to use, just insert the veggie of choice on the spikes attached to the turn wheel, push it up towards the blades and rotate the handle! It has suction cups to hold it in place on your counter top or table when in use. it had storage space on the machine itself to store extra blades when not in use and it is dishwasher safe. I love this thing! Its going to really save my hands from having to slice up veggies in the future since I can use this with very little effort. I received this product at a discount in exchange for my unbiased review. All opinions are my own from my experience with this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment