Friday, June 5, 2015

Gear District Built-in Bluetooth Extendable Selfie Stick

I have seen a few people using selfie sticks here and there and was curious about them. My daughter is always taking selfies with her friends and family and I have also taken selfies in the past so I was curious about these. So when it arrived I was ready to start taking some selfies and experimenting with this thing.

Its arrived securely packaged. Which is something that I do worry about with having products shipped. There was nothing to worry about with this one. I opened it up and read the manual which was sent to me via email right away. It was simple instructions with photos. Not hard to work with at all. Inside the box there was the Extendable selfie stick, a tripod, a wireless remote, charging cord and a cleaning cloth. I assembled the selfie stick quite quickly. I played with the blue tooth feature to see what I could use the products with and found that the selfie stick and the wireless remote both work with IOS, Android, Windows. The remote will also work with my WiFi / Blue Tooth Camera.

I had a bit of trouble at first with the selfie stick hitting my power button and shutting down my phone, but I easily fixed that problem by turning the phone over to the other side so the power button was upwards. We tested out the stick after connecting it via blue tooth and it was quite simple to use. We had a lot of fun playing with it.

The only other issue I did notice with the selfie stick itself is that if you have a heavier phone, such as my HTC ONE, when you extend the stick all the way out it tends to bow a little. I just adjusted how far I extended it and it was fine.

We used the tripod and attached my phone to it and my camera. Using the wireless remote we was able to take some photos with it as well. The wireless remote also worked on our tablets even though we could not put them on the tripod or selfie stick due to the size of devices. But we could always position those in other ways to use the remote.

With all that being said, this is a fun item to have around and can come in use, its probably not something you would use all the time but certainly is nice to have. We will be using this more in the future. Its something I would tell anyone that is a great fun item to have on hand.


I received this product at a discount in exchange for my unbiased review.








No comments:

Post a Comment