Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Maverick Redi-Chek Direct Connect Roasting Thermometer

This is a pretty handy item to have. It was very simple to set up and use. We installed the RediCheck app onto my husbands Android tablet. There was nothing tricky with the app. Simple enough for anyone to install and use. We connected one end of the heat / cold resistant wire to the thermometer and the other end into the headphone jack of his tablet. I happen to be baking a meatloaf and said to my husband "lets go probe it". We placed the thermometer tip into the meatloaf and it started to read the temperature on his tablet right away. There is also a suction cup on the spool that holds the thermometer and connects to the app device your using which is handy for attaching it to a hard surface so that it does not slip off. . I decided to test it out on some chicken I was grilling only this time I left the thermometer probe inside the chicken and closed the lid of the grill while cooking. I was able to see the temp changes without having to open my grill. When the chicken reached the proper temperature and was ready to come off the grill i removed the probe and there was no damage that was done to it. I think this is a great handy thermometer to have. This thermometer is compatible with IOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
Plus it comes with the bonus free meat forks which is great for lift meat or shredding meat. I used it them to shred some chicken for chicken tacos and it was much quicker than doing it by hand. I was able to shred the chicken while it was still hot instead of having to wait until it had cooled off so that I did not burn myself. These are another great product that I am glad to have around! I received this product at discount for the purpose of inspecting and reviewing. All statements made are 100% of my own based on my personal experiences with this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment